For me, I think my current purpose of being, like many others, is to see what kind of impact I can leave on this world. I'm still young, I'm still undefined- I can be sculpted and fine tuned, by influences of our friends and families. But that's wholly debatable and most likely is being used as a filler for the main point-based questions asked at The Same River Twice.
What would I like to experience/have before leaving?
- I'd like to own a cloak, honestly. A simple very durable full-circle black cloak. I've always like that style anyways, and has no real impact on humanity. Its really something selfish.
- I'd like to have a house more in the north. I prefer the cold. Considering a good few groups of people would like to live in warm areas of the earth, I figure this could benefit only one family of humanity by giving them what I would have probably lived in for something more isolated. Again, really selfish here.
- On the topic of "Have done", one really far fetched: Floating islands. By making sections of earth that could float in the sky, could produce new zoning lands or agricultural zones. They'd just float lazily around the globe supporting habitats. This would really benefit humanity by reducing overcrowding and potentially stunting hunger. Potentially.
- Back to being selfish, (Of course, this is what happens when you ask someone what they want or desire..) I'd wish to live away from people. Why? More of a Why Not? Sure, lots of interesting characters, but when those interesting characters decide its a fine time to make interesting brats... Just living away from all that would be fine. Again, doesn't benefit humanity. At all.
- Bouncing back to the topic of "Have done", because this blog post really has no sense of organization, really, or any idea what the phrase "Comma abuse" means, I kid you not; I'd like to colonize a different
. Hugely impacts humanity; we colonize another planet, we have potential for intergalactic trade and become a space bound race. Granted, a whole lot of problems arise from this, especially when it comes to defense and space... Fun. But yeah. Would mean we can migrate away from the earth, remove overcrowding, punt prisoners to an asteroid or something (Secret bio-genetic research anyone?), or just move away from our dieing solar system. Which will happen anyways.
On a similar note, a life worth living is found while taking life's journey, to explore what one wants and fantasizes about, be it in any name claimed. It's more about the why's attached to the what's than it is about the giant list of things done. It's all about the quality of life; happiness is written somehow into everyone. Someone who does not laugh their whole life can still have fun, but they may not express it. I've seen a couple of teachers retire that said they made the best choice of their life by teaching, never regretted it, and had some of their best moments with the students they were teaching. A life worth living, to me, is when one person thinks they have enough entries in their own personal mental scrapbook to call it a life. It's not at a certain prefixed achievement, like over 5 million dollars earned with one company or read over 10,000 books.

No comments:
Post a Comment